Sunday 17 July 2011

Toronto

My stall in the cool of the morning shade

My recent trip to Toronto proved both successful and inspiring. I met a lot of supportive and engaged art lovers at the Outdoor Show, and despite the blistering heat and super sunny stall location, the weekend went well. I debuted my new dresses and was excited to see that they were looking good on all types of bodies - short, tall, thin, and curvy. These are now available at Circle Craft on Granville Is., and will be coming soon to Twigg and Hottie on Main Street in Vancouver.

Otherwise, Toronto is such a great city. I got to spend some time on Queen West, where my friend Erin Candela is opening a new gallery called the Graven Feather with two other artists who explore print making, illustration, and water colour painting. Other trip highlights were visits to Kensington Market and dinner at the newest French bistro in Leslieville, Le Canard Mort where my man and I dined on 4 courses for just over $100!

Mum and I setting up Friday morning

1 comment:

  1. I hear it's been so hot back East. Hope you weren't too melted and I'm glad it all went well for you. The year I did the show there was a terrible thunderstorm on the Sunday, which meant a panic to cover everything up!

    Did you meet some nice artists too?

    ReplyDelete